Very often I see people complaining about WAMP, that it is not working on their Windows 7 or Windows 8 and showing an error like the above picture. Well the problem is really easy to solve and today I’m gonna show you how to do that.
To correct the error you need to edit a file and put the service online. Just follow the following steps to do that:
- First of all you need to edit the phpadmin.conf file. To find that file you’ve to browse to c:\wamp\alias folder or installation_directory\wamp\alias folder.
- Now open a Notepad and drag the phpadmin.conf in the Notepad or open with the Notepad.
- Now you’ll see something like this:
<Directory "c:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.5.1/"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride all Order Deny,Allow Deny from all Allow from 127.0.0.1 </Directory>
- Delete the Deny from all line and replace 127.0.0.1 with all. [Warning: do not copy and paste the lines below. If your phpmyadmin version is different, it may not work. Just change as per instructions] The lines will look like:
<Directory "d:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.5.1/"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride all Order Deny,Allow Allow from all </Directory>
- Now save the file.
- If your WAMP is not open, turn it on or if it’s already opened, click on the task bar button and click on Restart All Services .
- The WAMP icon will turn Red > Yellow > Green. Now, once it’s Green, click on the icon again and click on Put Online.
Now open your browser and visit http://localhost. You’ll find it working as normal as it was before.
If you like the post, please share with your friends and family. And if you like my blog, you can join the fan page to get the latest updates. And obviously I suggest you to email subscribe through the form given at the top right corner to get the latest updates into your mail box, oh, I don’t spam.