In a android user group I saw lot of people asking about backing up their SMS from their android phones. Actually backing up contacts is really easy in android, cause you can connect your Google account and it’ll automatically backup your contacts. But SMS backup isn’t that easy. Well, even though I said it’s not easy, I’ll show a way to backup SMS in a real easy way.
To do this you’ll need to download a small app named SMS Backup & Restore. Just go to your Google play (from android phone) and search with “sms backup”. You’ll find the soft, and it’s completely free, though you can buy a professional version for $1.64. Around 30,000 people rated this app and it got a rating of 4.7 stars. I think it’s pretty good to trust this app.
What will this App do? Well obviously a good question. In simple words it’ll backup and restore all your SMS. There are several functions to make the task easy for you. First of all it’ll make a backup of all your SMS and restore to a preset folder on your phone. You send the backup to your email, manually and automatically. It’s got a schedule backup system, so, don’t worry, just schedule it & it’ll automatically create backup and send it to your email address. Well I believe you can understand how easy it’s now to backup your SMS.
For restoring, you’ll be able to do that in a easy way, just select the file to restore & it’ll automatically restore your SMS. If you’re wondering about the dates and times of the SMS after backing up & restoring the SMS, just don’t worry, as the software backups the SMS in XML format & restores it, it can show the exact date & time of the SMS.
Now have a look of some of the screenshots of the app.
The screenshots are taken from Google Play Website. You can guess how the software looks like, but to test functions, you gotta install it. And I’m assuring you, you’ll not like it, but just love it. Well, now let’s see the features in short:
- Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
- Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
- Option to select which conversations to backup.
- View/Restore all Messages or only selected conversations.
- Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- Automatically Email or Upload to Dropbox & Google Drive using the Add-On.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
So, that’s it for today, keep browsing my blog & if you like my blog, just like it on Facebook to get the latest updates regularly. And if you like this post, don’t forget to share with friends. Have a great day.